Tom Brubaker, Clerk of the Works, has more than 40 years of broad-based experience in construction and contract management, facilities planning, and facility operations and maintenance.
Tom completed a successful career in the Navy Civil Engineer Corps, which culminated with his assignment as the Public Works Officer/Officer in Charge of Construction at the Naval Air Station in Brunswick. Following retirement from the Navy, his civilian work experience has included the following positions:
- Public Works and Utilities/Clean Technology Manager — Midcoast Regional Redevelopment Authority,
- Network Energy Manager — VA New England Healthcare System
- Energy Manager — Togus VA Medical Center
- Deputy Public Works Officer (Assistant Director of Facilities) — Brunswick Naval Air Station
- Principal Engineer for School Construction — Bureau of General Services, State of Maine
- Construction Manager — Bowdoin College
- Manager of Facility Operations — UNUM Corporation in Portland, Maine
- Facility Manager — Town of Brunswick and Brunswick School Department
Tom is an avid cyclist who has ridden in the 3-day, 180-mile Trek Across Maine nine times to raise money for the American Lung Association and has ridden three times in Bike Maine, a 7-day, 350-mile bike tour that promotes Maine as a bicycling destination. His "bucket list" rides include the Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa (RAGBRAI).
Tom and his wife, Cherylyn, a fiber artist specializing in hooked rugs, live in Brunswick and have two grown sons and one grandson.